- With one of the largest fleets of excavators and hammers in the city, we can perform soil and rock excavation on any size site (from a postage size site to several acre sites such as Columbia Manhattanville). We have the experience, equipment, and knowledge to deal with sites of all contamination levels.
- CCJV has constructed the some of the largest and most complicated foundations in NYC. We currently hold the record for largest continuous concrete pour in NYC.
- We routinely perform deep excavations below ground water and have the experience and expertise to perform all the stages of excavation and foundation.
SUPPORT OF EXCAVATION (SOE)
- CCJV specializes in both internally and externally braced SOE systems. The lateral restraint can be an external system such as tiebacks or an internal system such as rakers, corner braces, cross lot braces, etc. We have installed extensive SOE systems for excavations up to 50’ below grade. We have worked adjacent to sensitive structures, historic buildings, transit structures, etc.
- When working adjacent to and below adjacent structures, pit underpinning is historically the most common system used. Underpinning piers transfer the load of the adjacent building to a deeper zone to allow for the construction of the new structure. This is achieved by locally excavating pits in a specific sequence and replacing the soil with concrete, essentially allowing the existing structure to bear on a deeper soil strata.